Book Now from £35.40
The Lion King
The Lion King story is set against the majesty of the Serengeti Plains and to the evocative rhythms of Africa. Expect Disney's multi award-winning musical to redefine your expectations of theatre.
What Is The Lion King About?
At its heart is the powerful and moving story of Simba - the epic adventure of his journey from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as King of the Pridelands.
A musical that is both a modern-day classic and a state-of-the-art multi-sensory experience. The African plains are brought to life on stage by amazing dancers and gigantic puppets that represent the varied and stunning African flora & fauna - expect running herds of gazelles, cheetahs, birds, giraffes and more!
21 Wellington Street
- Cancellation Policy
No exchanges or refunds available after purchase.
2 hours and 30 minutes including one interval
Can I take small children to see the show?
- Unfortunately, no. Children must be over the age of 3, but it will be best enjoyed when over 6 years old.
Is food allowed in the theatre?
- The consumption of food in the theatre is not allowed.
Are there any Special Effects?
- Yes, both strobe lighting and fog effects.
How do I book Boxes for The Lion King?
- Boxes at the Lyceum Theatre have its own restrictions, for example, some are restricted view because they are sideways, others can be used by the show cast which can scare children. Boxes can take up to 3 people and under 16's must be accompanied by an adult. To book those you can either call the Lyceum on 0844 871 3000 (Cost 7p per min, plus phone company’s access charge) or you can book in person at the venue's Box Office on 21 Wellington Street, London, WC2E 7RQ.
- Good To Know
Strobe lighting is used several times during the performance.
Video and sound recording are prohibited.
The Lion King The Musical features music composed by Sir Elton John and lyrics written by Tim Rice.
It has played in over 25 worldwide capitals and it is also a Tony Award winner for Best Musical.
Playing at London's Lyceum Theatre, book your tickets today for an unforgettable experience!
- How Does It Work
Shortly after booking, you will receive a confirmation email containing all important information about your booking.
If you have chosen collect at the venue on the day, you will need to print the confirmation email and bring it with you, as well as a form of ID and the card you have used to make the payment. Tickets are not transferrable.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the performance start time to avoid missing the start of the performance.
For tickets sent via post, those will arrive between 7 days to 72 hours before the performance date.
The Lion King The Musical includes all the classical songs from the movie, including:
"Circle of Life", "I Just Can't Wait to Be King", "Hakuna Matata", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
- Suitable For Children
- Please note: Children under 3 years of age are not permitted to enter the Lyceum Theatre.
- The Lion King is recommended for ages 6 and up.
- All persons aged 16 or under must be accompanied by an adult and may not sit on their own within the auditorium.
- All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket.”
- What Should I Expect
Disney's The Lion King is an unforgettable experience - a musical that uses puppetry to bring the original story to life! At your arrival, the theatre staff will direct you to your seats. The bars are open one hour before the show starts for refreshments and snacks, as well as during the 15 min interval between acts one and two.
There will be an opportunity to purchase merchandising at the venue.
- When Can I Go
Tuesday - Saturday at 7.30pm
Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday 2.30pm
- Where Do I Go
The Lyceum Theatre is located in the Covent Garden district, on a side street near the Strand.
The address of the theatre is:
21 Wellington Street, London, WC2E 7RQ
21 Wellington Street
Latest critic reviews
the finest mise-en-scène in the West End
What's on Stage
still feels as fresh and soul-stirring as ever.